Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Space

A very good day. I've been working pretty hard at setting my sights on working for myself. I have been making merch, researching vending spots, figuring out how to negotiate this whole social networking market place thing! I feel like a ludite in a techie convention but i'm learning. and loving it. how did i manage without twitter? Truly, tell me how.


My favorite thrift store is Valley Thrift right now. They recently moved from San Fernando and Lankershim to the old circuit city building on Victory and Woodman in North hollywood. Such a goldmine. I last went there with the specific goal of finding storage for my home./work space.


I needed to convert just under five feet of wall space into a far more organized and self contained workspace since i am looking to make it my livelihood much less finally have the time to do so!


I scored a wood cd rack that i converted into a far more space efficient supply case for my millinery materials. It has 10 shelves and each fits a plastic covered container dividing up my fascinator bases, fabric scraps, veiling, crinoline, beads, feathers and other various decorations and tools.


Completing my work station structure is a simple card table which houses my machine and serves as my sewing station. Lastly, a tiny bathroom cabinet 1 foot deep and less than a foot wide, not quite 5 feet tall serves as my fabric cabinet. I'm pleased with the structure of my new workspace and definitely have some beautifying to do and will keep you informed. In the meantime some fabulous and inspired artists in their live/work spaces photographed by Tom Selby, portrait photographer extraordinaire. http://www.theselby.com











No comments:

Post a Comment

be true, and please be kind. <3